Sorry for the lack of posts, but I've been way too busy playing in the shop.

August 9, 2010
Typically I take the Summer off from any heavy woodworking commitments because my shop isn't air conditioned.  Sure, I spend some time tinkering and smoking my pipe, but unless we get a few cool days the concrete slab that my shop sits upon retains the heat better than a Thermos!

I did force myself to spend a few hours setting-up my new Harbor Freight tool box ($139!) but it was rough going with big drops of sweat dripping on all the new steel.  

So why mention this?  Because I've been spending hours upon end in my shop the last few weeks playing with my Mark V;  I've been drilling with a 2 1/2" Forstner bit; resawing 6" wide red oak boards, turning large bowls, ripping 2" thick red oak and shaping and routing just for fun.

Sure, I've been playing with the tools themselves too.  For example, I had my headstock off my Mark V and replaced some bearings and even the motor.   :-)

Yep, this is going to be a fun Fall, and I can't wait to start making toys for my one year old grandson, Smuckers. (Seen at Right with a little wrench.)  

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Aint Seen Nothin' Yet!

If you happened to land on this page via a Google search, you aint seen nothin' yet! Click the title at the top of this page to see this blog in it's entirety.