Well, it's been a while...

Hey, Scott here. I can't believe how long it has been since I lost posted on this blog, but I just wanted to report in and say "Hey" to those of you who subscribe to the feed or who otherwise check in for new content.  As just about always seems to be the case I have purchased yet another Mark V. This time it's a 50 Year Anniversary edition 520 with a bandsaw.

A friend called and said that a friend of his was moving out of the country and needed to find a good home for it so he connected us together via FB and I tossed him the following message:

"I write a Shopsmith related blog and I worked as a trainer for them for about 12 years. I currently own 5 of them and need another one like I need a hole in my head! It is worth more than I can offer, but if it comes down to you needing to sell it before your move I would pay you $750 for her. As I said, see if you can get more for it but let me know if you just need it gone. Scott"


That part about "I write a Shopsmith related blog" is a little hyperbole, but as it turned out he did need her gone, so a few days later I was putting her into my van.

On that note, I think it's worth reminding people who are in the market for used Shopsmith tools that there have been so many different models and variation of the Shopsmith multi-purpose tool as well as several knock-offs that it is important to do your due diligence prior to making a commitment to buy.  Make sure that you know the model number and I'd suggest printing out a parts list from the Shopsmith web site to make sure that all major parts are present and accounted for.  This Mark V is missing the saw guards and the miter gauge, which would be a disaster for anyone who doesn't have spares hanging around the shop.

So how about you? How goes your Shopsmith tool hunting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Aint Seen Nothin' Yet!

If you happened to land on this page via a Google search, you aint seen nothin' yet! Click the title at the top of this page to see this blog in it's entirety.