Shopsmith sighting on the New Yankee Workshop

I'm sure that I've mentioned this, but just in case you are hearing it for the first time; Back in 1987 I was the manager of Shosmith's "Boston" store, and was called out to the site of a new woodworking show to help them set-up a bunch of Shopsmith tools. That show was the New Yankee Workshop, and though Shopsmith was an official sponsor on just the first season, Norm continued to use the Mark V and a few of the other Shopsmith tools over the run of the show.

I found a video on Youtube of one of those early episodes that features the Mark V. I'll post others below as I discover them

2 comments:

  1. The lack of rattles from his Shopsmith makes me think it's time for a headstock tuneup for mine...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One episode featured the Shopsmith overhead pin router. Another episode featured the Shopsmith lathe duplicator; which was also on a episode of This Old House back in the late 80's while restoring an old farm house.

    ReplyDelete

You Aint Seen Nothin' Yet!

If you happened to land on this page via a Google search, you aint seen nothin' yet! Click the title at the top of this page to see this blog in it's entirety.