The Shopsmith Mark V 5-Point Safety Check

Using the Shopsmith Mark V, or any of the Shopsmith multi-purpose tools for that matter, can seem daunting at first, but with a little practice it’ll become second nature, just like driving a stick or avoiding Yoko Ono music. There are a couple must-check items on the tool that I double-check every time I use mine. I’ve uploaded a video to my “MyGrowthRings” Youtube channel that is worth a look, if you are just getting introduced to Shopsmith woodworking.

Here’s the video link: https://youtu.be/Y2DApzMn2yg

1 comment:

  1. Don here...I have owned my Mark V for some 40 years. Until about 5years ago, I never needed to move my headstock very close to the tail stock. When I did, about two thirds of the way down, it binds badly. There are no nicks or rust on the tubes. It's so bad that I need to use a bar clamp to get the head stock back to the left side. Any help? Fresh wax helps only very very slightly.

    ReplyDelete

You Aint Seen Nothin' Yet!

If you happened to land on this page via a Google search, you aint seen nothin' yet! Click the title at the top of this page to see this blog in it's entirety.